I was able to interview another counselor. I was able to gather some of his opinion on stress. The following are the response I gather.
Advisor Jessica Davis
19 February 2012
1) Is stress different between teens and adults?
I would say yes, there is a difference of stress when it comes to teens and adults.
Adults could have reasonability and need to worry about work and bills.
Teens on another hand you might even know there is a lot more things to stress about rather than school work. You also might have to worry about your own responsibility following to be a certain way and being accepted by others.
Yes I agree that teens might have more stress since your brain develop into you are 25 years old.
2) What would be a reason why teens are facing a lot of stress?
Some of the reason could be:
Home pressure (home pressure might depend on what is occurring in your house. It could be a different experience for everyone)
Not having good social skills
3) What affects does stress cause in the body?
What affects the body would be in my opinion the heart, since you get high blood pressure.
4) What part of your body suffers the consequences of stress?
Large amount of blood pressure
5) Is stress different between teen girls and teen boys?
Yes they are different.
I think in nature is similar stress but in girls might be social pressure and boys could be more about fitting in.
6) What is a way teens could alleviate their stress?
I think the best way for the teens is coping skills and identifying their stressors.
7) What is a usual sign that a teen is stressed out?
I think is Rebellion. If you think about it a teen could get out of control they will do what they will do with out thinking about it and if you tell them something they might not listen to you since their brain has not fully devolved yet.
8) If a teen is alone most of the time, would it affect their stress?
I think over time yes it would affect their stress.
9) Why do we experience stress most of the time?
I will say it would depend.
Everything will depend on what situation you are in.
10) How serious can stress get?
Stress could actually get life threatening, that is how serious stress could get into a person.
11) What is good stress?
So yes, there is good stress. I think is good when you focus in one thing and it gives you motivation to accomplish that goal.
12) Where can a stressed teen get help?
Having GOOD friends, not the one who will tell you lets go smoke or drink. Having good friends could make a big difference.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades