It is not that they do crazy things they do not know how to deal with stress. It is more likely for a teen to make a "bad" decision when they are under stress. Teens' brains are not yet developed; your brain is fully develop around the age of 25. That is why an adult will response better under stress than a teen.
"When reading emotion, teens (the picture up) rely more on the amygdala, while adults (The picture below) rely more on the frontal cortex." (Spinks, Sarah. "One Reason Teens Respond Differently To The World." PBS. PBS, 2002. Web. 19 Mar. 2012. <http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/pages/frontline/shows/teenbrain/work/onereason.html>.)
The links below explains a little more about the Frontal Cortex.
Want to master Microsoft Excel and take your work-from-home job prospects to the next level? Jump-start your career with our Premium A-to-Z Microsoft Excel Training Bundle from the new Gadget Hacks Shop and get lifetime access to more than 40 hours of Basic to Advanced instruction on functions, formula, tools, and more.
Other worthwhile deals to check out:
- 97% off The Ultimate 2021 White Hat Hacker Certification Bundle
- 98% off The 2021 Accounting Mastery Bootcamp Bundle
- 99% off The 2021 All-in-One Data Scientist Mega Bundle
- 59% off XSplit VCam: Lifetime Subscription (Windows)
- 98% off The 2021 Premium Learn To Code Certification Bundle
- 62% off MindMaster Mind Mapping Software: Perpetual License
- 41% off NetSpot Home Wi-Fi Analyzer: Lifetime Upgrades