The following are the response I gather from a therapist (is her opinion).
Advisor Jessica Davis
19 February 2012
Ema Moya (Bilingual FSP Coordinator/Therapist)
1) Is stress different between teens and adults?
Yes, Adults are more focus with family and their bills.
Teens could be more worry about their social circle and school.
2) What would be a reason why teens are facing a lot of stress?
A reason why teens are facing more stress today is because they do not know what to do with that stress. They do not have skills to deal with stress.
3) What affects does stress cause in the body?
Adults could have high blood pressure. The mind gets affected a lot by stress. You could also get sick and could give you desperation.
4) What part of your body suffers the consequences of stress?
I think the one thing that suffers the consequences is the heart.
5) Is stress different between teen girls and teen boys?
I think no, but I really do not know to say the true.
6) What is a way teens could alleviate their stress?
Some ways that teens could alleviate their stress is by:
Focusing on breathing (Taking deep Breathes)
Not over thinking
Organization on their time
7) What is a usual sign that a teen is stressed out?
I think the common signs are:
Not eating right
Drop from grades
8) If a teen is alone most of the time, would it affect their stress?
I think it does not matter. If you think about a child that is an only child they have to deal with being alone most of the time. So I think it does not matter if a teenager is alone it could maybe be not having good social skills.
9) Why do we experience stress most of the time?
I think we experience stress because we have problems, is a everyday thing that occurs to us.
10) How serious can stress get?
Stress could get very serious. It could get you sick; it could also damage you, for example your immune system.
11) What is good stress?
Good stress is when you do not go over the board.
12) Where can a stressed teen get help?
A teen could get help from:
A place like HOPICS